The following recipe is from the Big Green Egg demo I did at Appalachian Ace Hardware in Franklin, North Carolina on May 20, 2017. You can visit Appalachian Ace Hardware at 75 West Palmer Street in Franklin. Their hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm; Saturdays 8am - 4pm. You can contact them by calling 828-524-0502. Now, let's grill some pork chops!
- Pork Chops, cut 1" thick.
- Dizzy Pig Barbecue Company's Raging River Rub. (Sold at Appalachian Ace Hardware in Franklin, NC or direct online by clicking here.)
- Coarse Kosher Salt.
- Yellow Mustard.
Prep Time: 5 mins. Cook Time: 10 mins. Ready In: 1 hour 30 mins.
- Pat pork chops dry.
- Lightly coat both sides of pork chops with mustard.
- Season both sides of pork chops with salt.
- Season both sides of pork chops with Raging River Rub.
- Place pork chops back into fridge while starting grill (Preferably, allow pork chops to rest in the fridge seasoned for at least an hour).
- Light Big Green Egg and set for direct heat between 375° and 400°.
- Remove pork chops from fridge 15 minutes before placing on grill.
- Grill pork chops 3 to 5 minutes per side until the internal temperature of the pork chop reaches 145° (The meat should no longer have any pink color to it).
- Let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes before cutting.